||Today was supposed to be the day I got back to the memoir, Arbitrary Passions; my plan was to do a quick implement-critique-notes revision in a few days, send it out again to those who didn't get a chance to comment before, along with my agent, see what they think. But then last night, Anand vomited, and today has mostly been lost to dealing with his feverish self. He'll undoubtedly be fine soon, but Kev and I completely failed to work today. Ah well.
Hopefully soon, esp. since what I really want to do is get back to the SF book, The Stars Change, which I promised readers would be ready by September. (I am not going to hold myself to that if it means the book isn't ready, but I am going to use that deadline as some serious motivation.)
If I succeed in finishing it, I'll need to do some promotion, and ran across this helpful thing. So I'm posting this mostly to remind myself, so that I can remind others, when the time is right. :-) From Butt to Chair.
Love a favorite writer? Here’s how you can help to get the word out:
- Write a short review of their book for Powells.com, Amazon.com, Barnesandnoble.com and/or Goodreads.com.
- If your favorite writer has a new article, essay, profile, or book review out, forward it to all your friends via e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest.
- Ask your book club to consider selecting your favorite author’s book to read one month.
- Like your favorite writer’s Facebook page; follow his/her Twitter feed and Pinterest page; subscribe to his/her blog and add the URL to your own blogroll.
- Tell everyone you know about the new book/article/essay/etc.–your doctor, your kid’s teacher, your best friend, the postal carrier. Often, publishers will provide promotional material such as bookmarks and postcards–ask your favorite writer for extras and distribute them among your reading comrades.
- Has your favorite writer published a new blog post or a new piece in an online magazine or newspaper? Read to the end and leave a comment.
- Recommend your favorite writer as a guest speaker at your local library, service club, school, etc.
- Forward literary Facebook invitations from your favorite author to all your friends.
- Attend your favorite writer’s literary events. You don’t have to buy the book, but the gift of a hand-written card of congratulations is always appreciated.
- Does your favorite writer have a book trailer? Send the URL to all your friends.