1. Start boiling a lot of water for pasta
2. Saute onions in a little olive oil with Italian herbs, a generous shake or two of pepper, and 1 t. salt
3. Add chicken and saute until cooked
4. Put pasta in boiling water and cook 5 minutes
5. Add broccoli to boiling pasta water and cook 3-4 more minutes
6. Drain pasta/broccoli and transfer to large bowl. Add chicken/onion, sundried tomatoes and parmesan.
7. Stir well and serve hot, ideally with toasted French bread, herbed olive oil for dipping and red wine. A light sorbet for dessert, or perhaps some tiramisu, prepared in advance.